Plastic Packers Australia from Multifixings
Multifixings have launched a new range of Plastic Packers. When designing the new range, we asked the people who matter, the trade professionals who use them day in day out.
We took their ideas on board and came up with a packer range that stands out from the crowd. Below are some of the suggestions and short comings experienced by the trade professionals.
- They wanted a wider slot, so they could be used with a M16 bolt, these packers have a 16mm slot.
- Retainers, similar to our current range, this saves time as the packer grips onto the bolt, screw, nail etc. The retainers are flexible, but still rigid enough, so that the packer will not fall off.
- Countersunk fixing hole for screws.
- Colour coded to match our existing range.
- Available in 1mm increments, not just replicating the old imperial equivalents, such as Laminate (1.5mm), Hardboard (3.2mm), Plywood (6.4mm & 10mm).
- Tapered, so the packer can be inserted in without having to pry open the joint or gap. We went one better and chamfered the top part as well, allowing additional packers to be inserted with ease, if required.
We managed to fulfil most of the requirements.
The packers are available in 2 dimensions, 40mm x 75mm (SF) and 40mm x 90mm (SH) and in thicknesses of 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm & 10mm.